WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Any Vandall boards out there? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809273)

bkillgore 02-01-2020 8:08 AM

Any Vandall boards out there?

Anyone have any Vandall boards out there they are willing to part with? Really interested in a company, mutiny or humanoid. Let me know, thanks!

Nessticles 02-01-2020 1:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkillgore (Post 1994682)
Anyone have any Vandall boards out there they are willing to part with? Really interested in a company, mutiny or humanoid. Let me know, thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...roduct_details

Nessticles 02-01-2020 1:35 PM

same shape as the 2013 mutiny vandall. has the dimples on the bottom like the LTD

MystiikVLX 02-02-2020 1:01 AM

I have one the Humanoid Circus. I thought that was one of his designs? Its only been ridden once. I'm thinking its 140 or 141 range. I don't have it near me to check.

bkillgore 02-02-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MystiikVLX (Post 1994686)
I have one the Humanoid Circus. I thought that was one of his designs? Its only been ridden once. I'm thinking its 140 or 141 range. I don't have it near me to check.

Shoot me a e-mail at bkillgore89@sbcglobal.net I’m interested

MystiikVLX 02-13-2020 3:25 AM

I will be at the lake this weekend and will check on that board. Sorry for delay just haven't been around on forums.

bkillgore 02-24-2020 4:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MystiikVLX (Post 1994845)
I will be at the lake this weekend and will check on that board. Sorry for delay just haven't been around on forums.

Thanks, just let me know when you get a chance to check on it, thanks

WilhelmHertzog 03-08-2020 10:55 PM

Speaking of Vandall, why has he disappeared off social media?

gene3x 04-16-2020 7:23 AM

I have his very last signature board from Gator that never made it into stores because he jumped ship before the season.

Steadyshred 04-28-2020 3:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have two Vandall boards that are now hung on my wall as art. One has never been ridden and the other has been ridden a few times. I don't think I'll ever let them go! Attachment 45646

Attachment 45647

slipknot 05-26-2020 4:16 AM

I have a Humanoid Circus 141 if you are interested.I can send you pics what is your email.

jburbo 06-04-2020 6:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steadyshred (Post 1997045)
I have two Vandall boards that are now hung on my wall as art. One has never been ridden and the other has been ridden a few times. I don't think I'll ever let them go! Attachment 45646

Attachment 45647

Now where did you get those from? 😉

bkillgore 05-29-2021 12:10 PM

Bump, still looking for a company or mutiny Vandall board!!

bboozer 06-19-2021 5:06 PM

Keep an eye on Ebay.... Occasionally one will come up for sale, but I haven't seen any in a while...

Does anyone know if Humanoid is still in business? I haven't seen or heard anything about them in a while...

MattieK27 06-21-2021 7:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bboozer (Post 2009710)
Keep an eye on Ebay.... Occasionally one will come up for sale, but I haven't seen any in a while...

Does anyone know if Humanoid is still in business? I haven't seen or heard anything about them in a while...

They are dead. Closed up a year ago unfortunately. I recently got an O'Shea prototype from a thrift store in Florida, the owner confirmed Humanoid is gone.

bboozer 06-21-2021 1:09 PM

Sad, I was rooting for the little guy who was doing it for the love of the sport... But alas, this is a big boy industry where the little guys just get squeezed out

MattieK27 06-23-2021 3:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bboozer (Post 2009730)
Sad, I was rooting for the little guy who was doing it for the love of the sport... But alas, this is a big boy industry where the little guys just get squeezed out

Kyle, Joel and everyone had a lot of passion and made a great product. I still love my '11 Oracle. I think they had a good idea bringing everything stateside and offering custom builds, but unfortunately only a handful of people wakeboard anymore. It's just not a big enough market to be a small player in. (Kent Watersports & Ronix dominate what's left)

Which makes me wonder, is there a market for custom wakesurf boards? It seems like that's where the money might be.

bboozer 06-23-2021 5:50 PM

Yeah... It saddens me that very few people are wakeboarding anymore... All they do is surf... It's OK for a few minutes, but not enough adrenalin in that for me... Unfortunately my knee isn't holding up and I want to wakeboard so bad.... I could probably surf, but I really just don't want to... That would seem like giving up... I have had 2 quad tendon surgeries on my left knee (in 8 weeks back in 2014) and then I had that knee scoped this spring and they cleaned up the meniscus. At 50 years old, my wife is encouraging retirement from wakeboarding, but I am rehabbing and hope to get it feeling right so that I can ride this summer.

Nessticles 07-11-2021 6:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 2009761)
Kyle, Joel and everyone had a lot of passion and made a great product. I still love my '11 Oracle. I think they had a good idea bringing everything stateside and offering custom builds, but unfortunately only a handful of people wakeboard anymore. It's just not a big enough market to be a small player in. (Kent Watersports & Ronix dominate what's left)

Which makes me wonder, is there a market for custom wakesurf boards? It seems like that's where the money might be.

I have a few custom builds from Humanoid. 3 actually: 2 boat and 1 cable. One is the Cameo shape with Vandall bottom and custom graphic, the other is the Oracle (new shape) with a unique graphic by Mat Miller, and finally a Huxtable shape for the cable. I really liked Humanoid and the energy they put into the wake industry. Sad to see. I really didn't like the Vandall board. Too narrow and too fast for my liking. Extremely locked in once on edge. Nonetheless, I'm sad to say now that I got rid of it. I feel like my best riding however has been on the 2014 Humanoid Oracle. I wish I still had that one too!

miljack 07-23-2021 7:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nessticles (Post 2010099)
I have a few custom builds from Humanoid. 3 actually: 2 boat and 1 cable. One is the Cameo shape with Vandall bottom and custom graphic, the other is the Oracle (new shape) with a unique graphic by Mat Miller, and finally a Huxtable shape for the cable. I really liked Humanoid and the energy they put into the wake industry. Sad to see. I really didn't like the Vandall board. Too narrow and too fast for my liking. Extremely locked in once on edge. Nonetheless, I'm sad to say now that I got rid of it. I feel like my best riding however has been on the 2014 Humanoid Oracle. I wish I still had that one too!

Hey JC, what's up? Which shape board did I buy from you? I think it was the Oracle outline with the bottom features from another board? Anyway, still loving this board!

Nessticles 07-24-2021 5:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miljack (Post 2010410)
Hey JC, what's up? Which shape board did I buy from you? I think it was the Oracle outline with the bottom features from another board? Anyway, still loving this board!

What’s up! It was the new, updated Oracle shape. I can’t remember which type of bottom design it had. Maybe the outside channel or multi-concave? I haven’t ridden in about 2 yr. so disappointing. But can’t wait to get back on the water…stay safe out there!

miljack 07-26-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nessticles (Post 2010465)
What’s up! It was the new, updated Oracle shape. I can’t remember which type of bottom design it had. Maybe the outside channel or multi-concave? I haven’t ridden in about 2 yr. so disappointing. But can’t wait to get back on the water…stay safe out there!

I hope it wasn't an injury! So when did the Oracle shape get updated? The one I have is a "multi-concave" bottom. When their site was still up, I think they called it a "multi-channel?"

I think I'm not a fan of those "Blunt" fins, have you tried more traditional fins on your Humanoids?

gene3x 08-11-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bboozer (Post 2009783)
Yeah... It saddens me that very few people are wakeboarding anymore... All they do is surf... It's OK for a few minutes, but not enough adrenalin in that for me... Unfortunately my knee isn't holding up and I want to wakeboard so bad.... I could probably surf, but I really just don't want to... That would seem like giving up... I have had 2 quad tendon surgeries on my left knee (in 8 weeks back in 2014) and then I had that knee scoped this spring and they cleaned up the meniscus. At 50 years old, my wife is encouraging retirement from wakeboarding, but I am rehabbing and hope to get it feeling right so that I can ride this summer.

100%
I get the feeling everyone here feels the same. At 53 I am riding more cautious and losing tricks but probably wouldn't be if I had more people to ride with here on my home lake, and had anybody else who had any stoke to push a little to learn something new. :banghead:

whiteflashwatersports1 08-12-2021 5:31 AM

Same - at 49 I am only one left that wakeboards. My daughter and my friends sons have stopped and they are only in their 20's.
All they want o do is surf. I am like an old skier that gets their run in then everyone else does their thing. Sorry for threadjack

bboozer 08-14-2021 2:11 PM

I am with you guys... I am 50 and I have had 4 knee surgeries ACL on the right knee... And a torn Quad tendon that I re-tore 8 weeks post op and then I had that knee scoped this spring... I still want wakeboard... But I take it easy now... Most everyone here just surfs.... Boring though

Nessticles 08-21-2021 4:33 PM

I have tried all the fins Humanoid sold: point nines, point sevens, blunts, and bomber fins. point nines were definitely too locked in. If I had to choose, I'd pick point sevens or the bombers. The point sevens are on right now. Still enough to lock in but easy to break loose if need be. Man, I wish they were still in business. Good people, great brand, awesome t-shirts. As for boots, the Howls were my favorites. The Odyssey boots were too stiff for me (maybe I just laced them up too tight). Sad to see them cut short from their full potential.

solo 07-06-2023 7:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a couple still…

Nessticles 07-28-2023 4:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo (Post 2016933)
Got a couple still…

Nice! You have the full collection!!!