WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   sick tricks that noone is doing anymore (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796726)

SouthCack 01-22-2013 9:47 AM

sick tricks that noone is doing anymore

Personally, I love the slurpee. (that's what she said, ehh) There use to be some videos of zane doing them but i can't seem to find them anywhere. What are some other tricks that nobody are doing these days

jeff_mn 01-22-2013 9:48 AM

fashion air

downfortheride 01-22-2013 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bring back the Chicken Salad...

Attachment 27268

westsidarider 01-22-2013 11:59 AM

Actually, if you watch harf do his toeside backside off axis 3s n 5s you will find that the slurpee is still around, just done with a handle pass and grabbed= sick

tripsw 01-22-2013 12:40 PM

Oriental

andy_nintzel 01-22-2013 1:33 PM

For starters, HS frontflips to Blind, Orbitals

jarrod 01-22-2013 1:49 PM

Hell yes on the heel front to blind or Hasselhoff.

mckenna 01-22-2013 2:52 PM

s bends

captain_vilfo 01-22-2013 3:18 PM

your mom

simplej 01-22-2013 3:29 PM

Zane chucks slurpees left and right

biggator 01-22-2013 6:22 PM

hoochie glide

MrShelley 01-22-2013 10:10 PM

Fashion Air to blind off the double up.

behindtheboat 01-22-2013 11:28 PM

Slurpie - esque? @ 00:48

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/57736158" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

captain_vilfo 01-23-2013 5:39 AM

that trick off the kicker has disaster written all over it..

winchinretention 01-23-2013 7:36 AM

Nobody does them anymore because they are lame. If your going to do trick like that you might as well wear a visor. Wakeboarding has got to get away from the late 90s early 00s EXTREAM paradigm.

jarrod 01-23-2013 8:45 AM

YEAH! And we need to conform to what snowboarders think we should be doing.

andy_nintzel 01-23-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winchinretention (Post 1803230)
Nobody does them anymore because they are lame. If your going to do trick like that you might as well wear a visor. Wakeboarding has got to get away from the late 90s early 00s EXTREAM paradigm.

I agree with you on the Fashion air but thats it. There is nothing lame about the Orbital and the HS front to blind. No body does them because either they cant figure it out i.e. Orbital, Shapiro was the only person to ever do it, or the consquences are to high like on a front to blind. Saying that tricks are lame like a Hoochie, is like saying wakeboarding is lame. Glide tricks like this are the ROOTS of the sport. The only reason anyone would think they are lame is because they cant do them. They're Super fun. Have you ever had a boat full of none wakeboards? You be out there charging tossing mobes left and right, spinning 7s and 9s, and they cant tell the difference from on to another, do a "superman" and they all freak out. You can hate on the roots of the sport.

jonblarc7 01-23-2013 1:02 PM

^^^ agree

durty_curt 01-23-2013 1:06 PM

1260s (cable don't count)

yeahhh 01-23-2013 3:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrod (Post 1803246)
YEAH! And we need to conform to what snowboarders think we should be doing.

Name one styele/trick in wakeboarding that has come from snowboarding that was a bad idea, or that looks bad.

skiboarder 01-23-2013 3:17 PM

It is not about looking to snowboarding for inspiration. It is about looking to snowboarding for approval.

White knuckle raleys and air tricks. The ladies love the both.

andy_nintzel 01-23-2013 7:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiboarder (Post 1803335)
It is not about looking to snowboarding for inspiration. It is about looking to snowboarding for approval.

White knuckle raleys and air tricks. The ladies love the both.

Holy shizzzzz I hope your kidding. Looking to any other sport for approval is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. That's like saying a hockey player should approve of a folders swing. Wow.

behindtheboat 01-23-2013 8:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_nintzel (Post 1803385)
Holy shizzzzz I hope your kidding. Looking to any other sport for approval is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. That's like saying a hockey player should approve of a folders swing. Wow.

I don't think you understood the context there....

skiboarder 01-24-2013 5:32 AM

I was responding to yeah. Inspiration from anywhere is a good thing. Wakeboarding comes off pathetic when people worry abot how "legit" it is viewed by people in other sports. I was short because I was typing on an iPhone.

winchinretention 01-24-2013 6:42 AM

I repeat... wakeboarding has got to get away from the late 90s early 00s EXTREAM Paradigm. Good thing wakeworld is pretty much the only place still stuck there.

Also, I have found that in my personal life that seeking approval creates improvement. Not saying that it's 100% healthy but it's all about perspective.

eternalshadow 01-24-2013 7:31 AM

I remember when other sport "influence" started to have some more pull... you had all these kids coming into a contest that had one big hs trick. Typically a backroll or tantrum. Then the same kid would bust out his repertoire of ts wake cross and ts one wake jumps. They couldn't figure out why someone that didn't have a backroll beat them while doing a plethora of big stylish grabs and 180's both hs and ts.

There is plenty of approval within the sport of wakeboarding, that's more important then what other sports think. We as wakeboarders shape our growth and progression as a sport, as a community, and as a lifestyle.

If you're in tune with something you cannot look solely at the top, you have to observe it from all levels. There's always a degree of influence and inspiration from seeing what other board sports are doing but not all of it is practical. Some things don't merge as well with the development, the fluid dynamics, the rope, or the format, to name a few.

skiboarder 01-24-2013 8:17 AM

90's wakeboarding was awesome. I loved the old days of cranking Primus on the 6" speakers, 10 people in closed-bows sunk to the rub-rail and bitchin' neon high-rise thongs on the boat. You may think the style was lame, but I was there and it was good time.

That is why at least once a year I unleash a screaming white-knuckle raley and don't apologize for it. That is how I spell XTREME!

behindtheboat 01-24-2013 1:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiboarder (Post 1803431)
90's wakeboarding was awesome. I loved the old days of cranking Primus on the 6" speakers, 10 people in closed-bows sunk to the rub-rail and bitchin' neon high-rise thongs on the boat. You may think the style was lame, but I was there and it was good time.

That is why at least once a year I unleash a screaming white-knuckle raley and don't apologize for it. That is how I spell XTREME!

You are my hero!

And Sloppy, you should check out the high schoolers at any local cable park, raleys, neon, flips when they can't ride switch. It's a beautiful thing, cause they don't care what you or others think, they're having fun!

SouthCack 01-24-2013 1:29 PM

Quote:

This may be post of the year.

MrShelley 01-24-2013 1:43 PM

Quote:

^^^ This.

Also, why don't we see the 911 anymore? When done right, that trick looks incredible.

andy_nintzel 01-24-2013 3:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiboarder (Post 1803412)
I was responding to yeah. Inspiration from anywhere is a good thing. Wakeboarding comes off pathetic when people worry abot how "legit" it is viewed by people in other sports. I was short because I was typing on an iPhone.

Sorry took that wrong....

yeahhh 01-25-2013 9:35 AM

Ben Greenwood did a lot for wakeboarding and style. His riding in Innuendo and the Truth was a big deal, too bad LF didn't appreciate his freestyle riding the way they should have, now he had to retire from pro riding.

This was off the topic. Sorry.