WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeskating (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68124)
-   -   Liquid Force Wakeskates = Junk (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789437)

strife 08-08-2011 11:01 AM

Liquid Force Wakeskates = Junk

2 Attachment(s)
I bought a Liquid Force Obscura 140.5 skate last spring. The first time out on it it started cracking right where the tail and nose start to bend. I"ve ridden this skate probably 20 times. This past weekend it broke. I weigh 155 never hit rails nor jumps. Liquid Force will not warranty since it's past 90 days. This to me, is unacceptable. I have another liquid force wake skate I've been riding for 7 years and it's still in good shape.

I'm looking to purchase a new one. Obviously, not liquid force. I'll never buy one of their products again. I've been looking at NEW wakeskates, anyone have any experience?

strife 08-08-2011 11:03 AM

Notice how all four corners are cracked, right where the board starts to flex on the tail and nose. Clearly this is a design flaw. But I guess It's only suppose to last 90 days.

sdgarfield 08-09-2011 12:46 AM

ive got the same thing but a 42, I noticed that all the paint is starting to wear even after its first ride....

wakemitch 08-09-2011 10:53 AM

All wood wakeskates will break eventually. Some last longer than others, its tough to tell, but its part of the game just like skateboarding. But generally Wakeskate only brands will last longer. Just like with wakesurfing, you dont want to buy from brands that make wakeboards or tubes.

yeahhh 08-11-2011 4:25 PM

like mitch said, its like skateboarding, you could walk out of a skate shop, snap a brand new deck, and nobody would refund it, also.. its an OBSCURA 40.5.. not a 140.5... that would be a huge skate.. . . .

if your looking for something with durability your going to need to spend a little more money, I have an OBSCURA SST 40.5 and i love it, its held up great, know more about your skates before you post a thread blatantly telling everyone to stay away from it...

strife 08-11-2011 8:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahhh (Post 1700613)
like mitch said, its like skateboarding, you could walk out of a skate shop, snap a brand new deck, and nobody would refund it, also.. its an OBSCURA 40.5.. not a 140.5... that would be a huge skate.. . . .

if your looking for something with durability your going to need to spend a little more money, I have an OBSCURA SST 40.5 and i love it, its held up great, know more about your skates before you post a thread blatantly telling everyone to stay away from it...

Know more about my skates? OK, I've been wakeboarding since 1998 and wakeskating since 2001. It's nothing like skateboarding. The hardest thing a wake skate ever sees is water(in my case anyway). You cannot compare it to skateboarding. Every time you ollie on a skateboard you slam the ground which leads to wear. And that's concrete or pavement. I've been through a lot of skate decks and never had one peel apart like this wakeskate. This was my third wake skate and I've never had this happen. If you look at my picture, you can see that all 4 areas where the nose/tail transition is where it's cracked. It's no coincidence that it cracked in the same exact part of the board! And yeah, I meant 40.5. I was thinking centimeters like skis or snowboards. Anyway, I went with a NEW. I'll bet it doesn't de-laminate after 20 rides. Another thing to note is that this wake skate started cracking the first time out and progressively got worse. Cheap crap is probably made in China. One more thing, I paid 200.00 bucks for the skate, not too cheap in my opinion.

yeahhh 08-12-2011 12:27 PM

your right, it is different than skateboarding.. its worse, its wood in water... unfortunately the OBSCURA wood skates have a few quality issues.. but its not a reason to say the whole OBSCURA line is crap.. good luck with the NEW, they look sick.

strife 08-15-2011 8:08 AM

Fair enough. But there are glues that can withstand water for a very long time. The problem is you can't use cheap glues you need quality glues. If the obscura failures were so far and few between then Liquid Force should stick behind their product and refund these very few cases. I'm guessing this is a common problem. Anyway, you are right. I cannot blame all of liquid force. I've spent thousands on Liquid Force products and because they refused to own up to this defective board I'll never by LF again in my life.

denverd1 08-24-2011 12:21 PM

lets be fair. Its not the obscura line, its all LFs wood skates. Got a hoser of an LF skate I thought about repairing at my house. But its not worth the trouble. It will delam elsewhere and just be a waste of time.

strife 08-24-2011 12:56 PM

Yep. I got my NEW skate, it's soooooooooooo much better. Better materials, better design better everything. I've had 3 sets on it now and it is AMAZING! Not even the finish has cracked! It's much much much stronger. No joke. Get a NEW! I have the NEW Fatty.

rsbminn 08-24-2011 4:39 PM

Yeah I got a NEW wakeskate this summer and the things is amazing. Its really durable and stronger. And I feel like it moves fast and ollies great. i tried a friends o'brien twitch and it seemed so sluggish and slow compared to NEW. And NEW even let me make a custom graphic for myself and they put it on the board. And it cost 200$. Best 200$ i have ever spent.

gotwake133 08-27-2011 10:21 AM

If it started cracking the first time out why didn't you try to warranty it then instead of waiting for 90+ days?? Obviously if it cracks and you do nothing about it, it is going to get worse with the water getting in the wood etc. just my .02.
Good luck with the NEW Skate though!

strife 08-29-2011 6:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotwake133 (Post 1704739)
If it started cracking the first time out why didn't you try to warranty it then instead of waiting for 90+ days?? Obviously if it cracks and you do nothing about it, it is going to get worse with the water getting in the wood etc. just my .02.
Good luck with the NEW Skate though!

Because like skates I've had in the past, I thought it was just the finish that was cracking and I never thought the cracks would get worse and worse. Looking at the wake skate you could see cracks but it was hard to tell how far they actually went into the wood. But yeah, in hind sight I should have returned it right away. On the other hand, I'm happy I discovered this NEW.

srock 09-14-2011 6:45 AM

Don't let your mom see that photo of your skate on her spiffy table because the board won't be the only thing with an unwanted crack.

2008moomba 09-14-2011 2:05 PM

I had the same wakeskate.

The day it was delivered, I sealed all the holes with clear silicone. It made no difference, after one ride, water found its way into the wood and it started expanding in certain places.

I shipped it back right away and ordered the SST. The build quality of the SST is 100X better. No more wood boards for me!

strife 10-07-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srock (Post 1708366)
Don't let your mom see that photo of your skate on her spiffy table because the board won't be the only thing with an unwanted crack.

Ha, that is in fact MY table at MY house. Well, actually it's my wife's too. Nice try though... were you offended because I knocked your cheap LF China brand?

BTW, NEW is still holding up perfectly. Great board and highly recommended. And best of all, made in the Good Ole USA!

tdickman4 05-03-2013 5:10 AM

i had the LF faction start chipping away on me after about 2 months of riding. Get a watermonster, they are awesome and last for a long time. watermonsters.co

dvsone79 05-05-2013 7:37 PM

I have to call bull**** on comparing wakeskates to skateboards. Yeah, they're both made of wood but that's where the similarities end. Landing on water vs landing on asphalt or cement is two completely different things. Not to mention the skateboards point of contact with the ground are the trucks on each end, so the entire weight of the rider and the downward force of his momentum is transferred from wherever the feet are, through the board, to the trucks and eventually to the wheels. Not so on a wakeskate. Not only is it impacting a softer surface (water) but the impact is absorbed and dispersed evenly throughout.

ferrisgreene 05-08-2013 12:14 PM

That's the whole point of a warranty. If it started breaking "your first ride", then why didn't you take it back right then instead of waiting for it to get worse? Seems like a no brainer...

Renegade_Wakeskates 08-05-2018 3:04 PM

Renegade Wakeskates

Get yourself some Renegade wakeskates! Hand-made here in the US and we do great custom boards at a fair price. None of this Liquid Force garbage