WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Getting into long-boarding what should I know? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777053)

pucktowake 03-01-2010 6:31 PM

Getting into long-boarding what should I know?

What things should I do? What should I not do?:cool:

keithowen 03-01-2010 8:56 PM

I* yo*'** tal*ing longboa*d s*at*boa*ding *h*** o*t [**l]www.silv***ishlongboa*ding.*om[/**l]. Th*y hav* som* p**tty in*o*mativ* *o**ms on th***. J*st got my *i*st boa*d *o* *h*istmas and b*ilt my 8 y*a* old his *i*st too - w*'** sto**d *o* sp*ing to t*y th*m o*t.

calexan 03-02-2010 5:27 AM

What?

bcrider 03-02-2010 8:52 AM

There are different styles of boards. I have a Landyacht ( Canadian Made) and it's a carving board as it has a different truck set up which allows the board to turn sharper. The board also has a lot of flex to it. It's great at easy carving around but I can't bomb big hills on it as it will get speed wabble. My other deck is a Sector 9 which is a stiff cupped deck like any skate board just longer. It is better for the hills. I personally like the flex board by Landyacht.....others make a similar style deck.

dirtysparks 03-02-2010 9:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithowen (Post 1557005)
I* yo*'** tal*ing longboa*d s*at*boa*ding *h*** o*t [**l]www.silv***ishlongboa*ding.*om[/**l]. Th*y hav* som* p**tty in*o*mativ* *o**ms on th***. J*st got my *i*st boa*d *o* *h*istmas and b*ilt my 8 y*a* old his *i*st too - w*'** sto**d *o* sp*ing to t*y th*m o*t.

Translation:

If you're talking longboard skateboarding check out www.silverfishlongboarding.com. They have some pretty informative forums on there. Just got my first board for christmas and built my 8 year old his first too - we're stoked for spring to try them out.

onthewatermo 03-02-2010 9:39 AM

Beware the speed wobbles for they've taken many a layer of skin (and by that I mean take your time with progression and know what you're riding down and more importantly the various ways of stopping/slowing).

t0nyv831 03-02-2010 10:21 AM

My son and I just got into longboarding. As has been mentioned already, take your time progressing. Learn the basics, like safety equipment, stopping, etc...etc... Stopping/slowing down is probably the most important thing to learn right off bat. It's saved me many a times when riding down some of the hills around my neighborhood. Check youtube for content. I use longboarding to help with my switch riding and balance. GL.

bmcgee 03-02-2010 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Make sure and wear your wrist guards!!

norcalmalibu 03-02-2010 2:06 PM

three steps-
drive to skate store
buy longboard
ride

stop posting on wakeworld and have fun

I had one that i used to commute to college with..tons of fun.

wombat2wombat 03-14-2019 7:22 AM

Worst part about longboarding is telling your parents that you're gay