WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Off season Training (besides the Gym) (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784941)

daveronix199 11-29-2010 6:37 PM

Off season Training (besides the Gym)

What do you guys do to keep fit for summer

I Snowboard and Run

Just want to see what everyone else is doing to expand my sports plus stay fit

SafetyMike 11-29-2010 8:36 PM

Tramps bro tramps

lseghatch 11-29-2010 8:37 PM

plyometric exercises such as p90x and anything free weight leg oriented (squats, lunges, etc...). I know you said other than the gym but can't stress enough how easy it is to avoid injury by just building supporting muscles. Some wakeboarders are big into yoga and other stretching regiments and is another thing I wouldn't over look.

Aside form that, maybe some indoor trampoline time?

nuckledragger 11-29-2010 9:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Pick yourself up a longboard (skateboard) or an indo/balance board. Both are great for balance training, mastering switch and keeping the legs in shape.

You can make yourself an indo board really easily for cheap. Pick up a blank skatedeck and a 3" PVC pipe from Home Depot.

The boys in the warehouse took one of our blanks and painted it up. Didn't turn out too bad for 2 cans of spraypaint and some tape.

You can also do a lot of strength exercises without stepping foot in a gym. Check out plyometrics.

sasky_rider 12-01-2010 8:40 AM

I've been doing P90X..... the Plyometrics is an amazing workout!! my legs are way stronger! I can't wait for nex spring to get out there and let it rip!! Yoga is a good one 2 for your flexability and supporting muscles!!

Geoff

balr54 12-01-2010 8:27 PM

I do the Insanity workout! Similar to P90X but no weights. I travel alot for work and I can do it in my hotel room. Works on all muscles, flexibility, stamina, and crazy thing was, i didn't go to a weigh room for months, and when I went back after doing the workout, I was lifting as much as when I was training for playing ball back in college and lifting for 6 months straight! Will keep you in shape for next spring for sure!

johnny_defacto 12-02-2010 8:45 PM

x2 for insanity. its like p90x on steroids.

Tommy 12-03-2010 4:23 PM

Scott Stewart in Florida the guy that won the rider search is really an expert on conditioning and nutrition. Find him on facebook and he can teach you so much. PX 90 and tramps have worked well too. Keep confusing your body by changing your workout. So stoked to see others into this. Shows us that the boarders of the future will be greater than my generation. I am so stoked for you guys!

Tommy Phillips
www.gettommys.com
Since the begining of Wake!

daveronix199 12-03-2010 6:47 PM

YO thanks dude... I was really Sketched out didnt know if i should put it up or not but all you dudes are rad because i think Fitness is top for all sports Props If any of you are Ever in Ontario Canada definitely hit me up we will ride!

cbkaboom 12-03-2010 10:54 PM

try finding a local gymnastics gym and see if they have an open gym....most of the time they'll have tramps and its a pretty good facility to work on your awareness and balance.

Dave, where do you usually ride in Ontario???

guido 12-04-2010 8:41 AM

Snowboard, motorcross, bicycling... MX is actually awesome because it hits the pulling musles, too.

seattle 12-04-2010 9:42 AM

High instensity low weight cardio laced lifting, ocasional winter wakeboarding and as much supermoto track riding as I can get in.

daveronix199 12-04-2010 10:08 AM

C Byrant I Inboxed you

sexyws6mama 12-05-2010 8:35 AM

Run, Gymnastics, Dance

RedRum 12-05-2010 9:30 AM

Mountain snowmobiling. It wears you out just as much as MX, if not more.

epic1 12-05-2010 11:52 AM

I just found this, www.wake2wakefitness.com